I'm having a mental block with Weight Watchers.
I did not go to the meetings the last two weeks due to conflicts in schedule and illness. I rarely miss one let alone two meetings. And that may be the issue here.
The bottom line is I resent having to eat less of what I like. it could be the healthiest food on earth and I will find away to eat more than I should.
I have eliminated sweets from my house with few exceptions. I have substituted Dannon Activia Low fat yogurts ( Raspberry is YUMMY), Dannon Light and fit smoothies, banana's and low fat graham crackers.
That has actually solved my sweet tooth problem. If I run into the need for Chocolate, Swiss Miss comes riding in to save the day with her fat free Marshmallow lovers hot chocolate made with water and skim milk.
My problem seems to be quantity not quality.
One of the major benefits to writing this blog is it helps me problem solve better. Learning from yourself is the best lesson I think. Reading other's blogs can be helpful as well. ( Post-Doc don't describe Caramel Pie Anymore - I DREAM about it!!!! Only kidding.... better to read about it than eat it)
In writing this post, it appears time for me to start eating what I call unit foods. Foods that are single serve sizes, prepackaged either by the manufacturer or by me in advance. That will keep my eating more uniform till I get the behaviours learned and consistent.
I need to get consistency into my exercise also which will be a challenge for this week.
It's very important that I take care of this and not quit. The weight has to get to a manageable point and as Lisa so rightly said - I'm tired of being the fat girl in pictures. I hear that.
So on the heels of finishing my homemade mac and cheese ( Barilla plus pasta = 3 WW points per cup, Brummel and BRown yogurts spread = 1 WW point per serving, a splash of skim milk and 1 oz of land o lakes sliced american cheese ( usually 2 slices)= 2). Total of 5 points per cup.
I ate 3 cups.
I had 13 points left
I owe somebody 2
I think I owe it to me.
3 comments:
Gah! Damn you! Now I'll end up dreaming about caramel pie again. If not tonight, then during yoga tomorrow! Damned caramel pie...
But, seriously, I totally agree about consistency being vital. Since I started feeling so down and was trying to avoid people, I've gotten out of the habit of going to yoga classes regularly. It's gotten to be to easy to come up with an excuse for skipping one. And since my head tried to explode, I've gotten away from my daily personal exercises.
It is hard to get yourself to consistently practice healthy habits. That's a bit ironic, at least for me, as I know that I feel and function better when I do healthy things for myself. If only sitting on the couch in front of the TV, eating junk food, weren't so easy.
I wish I could say I'm sorry about the pie dream, but I have to dream it too.....
And I made the mistake of making it 2 weeks ago.
Heaven in a plate, and now heaven on my butt and hips, and thighs, and tummy, you get the idea.....
NO MORE PIE!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry - the caramel pie didn't go so well for me either. But I didn't mean to bring others down to my level.
I know you're right - consistency and training yourself and doing what you know works. But I also really appreciate you writing that you have some struggles with it too. When I hear that everyone is going to the gym and eating well and I finish a caramel pie, I fail to find the energy to even try to care for myself. So, thanks. And I wish you all the best in the retraining. :)
Post a Comment