One of the things I love most about my best friend is that he loves all things beautiful. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course.
But he likes to share them with others and he has the knack to know who will truly appreciate it.
Tonight he jumped up off the couch and showed me a website that was nothing short of spectacular. If his head hadn't been up his ass when it came to town months ago, he would have taken me in to see it.
The site and the artists vision is called "Ashes and Snow"
The photographs and videos are of unusual, peaceful and tranquil poses and movements by humans in conjunction to animals such as Elephants, Manitees and Cheetahs... birds, Lynx....
They are quite possibly some of the most exquisite photo's I have ever seen. Each one is more beautiful than the last one and they are peaceful and tranquil.
This project took over 10 years to create and in every picture, humans eyes are closed and animals' eyes are open. From that perspective, given what I know about these kinds of animals, the eyes closed are to assist in not engaging the animal in attack posture. Direct eye contact can cause an animal who is afraid, to engage in attack.
But the effect is so calming and so trusting.
Trust.
The trust portrayed between these animals and human beings is really important.
For me it was somewhat representative of the lack of trust in each other. That over a 10 year period, this artist was able to capture that trust between humans and dangerous animals without a hint or a flinch of stress on these faces is absolutely amazing to me.
He explained that the stills were arranged in a long tranquil corridor fashion, and presentation is everything as we know. He took one of his friends with him and she absolutely loved it. She's an art professor, so that actually makes some sense.
I couldn't decide which was my favorite shot. I invite you to check out the website and decide on your own.
This was a really special moment for me. I hope you all enkoy it as much as I did.
1 comment:
It was... interesting. Not "jump up off the couch" interesting, but... in a curious kind of way.
I never got the artist's mind thing. It's just me. Too concrete, I guess.
Post a Comment