If you asked me ten years ago, "When do you start preparing for Christmas" The answer would be sometime around Christmas eve.
With each passing year it gets sooner and sooner. I know MY reason is due to my concert and performance schedule beefing up and ramping up quickly. I started the preparation of my home this weekend.
No - not decorating. Just reorganizing and prepping for the actual deorating which I am planning to do on Dec 7th.
I have started my Christmas shopping and have started planning my baking. I want to have a dinner party for another couple sometime before the blessed event as well.
I have a larger performnce schedule than normal, and my best friend is racking and stacking his gigs like crazy too. Which, of course, means getting the calendar out and putting all the dates on there. Otherwise netiher of us gets to hear the other perform. At least not till we get "our" act together.
There is also his birthday in there as well. I would like to have the dinner party as a birthday dinner for my best friend with two other couples. Not a big fuss, just a dinner amongst friends. I am not inviting the whole world and I am not making a fuss over it. He would love it but hate it. And that's just tough because I know he is working the night of his birthday and I think he needs others to make a fuss over him so he knows how much he is loved.
So I have my Martha stewart Magazines out, cookbooks, I have two closets out of 3 done.
Through all the madness that has started, I have made a promise to myself though.
My activity level has recently decreased to non existent. I tend to get melancholy during the holidays which is why I like to be busy. So I am adding walking every day for 30 monites this week. then I am adding my weights back 5 days starting next week.
I bought cards today. I bouoght a birthday card for a friend and my best friend's birthday card and Christmas card. One is lighter than the other.
I woke up with no voice today. I will be attending my rehearsal tonight with the Diva who took a swing at me last week. I am taking her up on disciplinary actions. I am just busy writing that up. behaviour not befitting a board member.
I gained 2 pounds from Thanksgiving for which I am giving thanks. Because I practically ate myself into a coma. it's not that I overate - if you had seen my plate, no one would believe how little I ate. It's just that for ME it was a lot in one sitting. I eat that much over the course of one day not all at once. And I think that made in impact on how my body processed it.
Of course Scale Mistress makes a compelling point about vitamins and I need to get back to it.
So, in short the prep for the holidays, I hope will make things easier for me.
We shall see....
1 comment:
Two pounds is certainly something to be thankful for! Why is it that we all eat on Thanksgiving as if we are never going to eat again. It's like the Super Bowl of eating.
Post a Comment