The call just came.
The test is negative.
I'm reasonably sure that my b/p is officially normal NOW.
I do have to go quarterly for 12 months to be sure that the negative stays negative. I have inquired about Gardisil and after 12 months of negative readings, I can have that vaccine should I decide to. I will keep a watch on the stats between now and then and make a more informed decision when we get there. I am leaning towards it since there is a history in our family.
Meanwhile just to maintain the B /P, I bought a wrist monitor. It should arrive in a day or two and then I will continue to monitor that. I am going to take my meds anyway because, though the doctor thinks it could cause heart attack, my primary care suggested that my body may be overstressed by going off them for the first time in 15 years. I will also add that I have several friends who expressed that same opinion. I am going to follow that one as it made sense to me as well.
I am going back to my regularly scheduled activities. I will be exercizing as normal, eating the way that I was and taking care of myself. I mean in the worst case, if the b/p is not circumstantial ( and I find that hard to believe), those things can only bring it down not up. I slept last night. It wasn't an award winning sleep, but I did manage to only wake up once at 3AM. I notice that lately I am waking up between 3-4 AM and I think that is largely due to my disrupted sleep schedule.
We are back on the bandwagon.
I can't tell you how I appreciate all of your support and prayers and caring. It's really made this a little bit easier for me, though to see me yesterday you wouldn't know it! I think my body is still 20 years old and this to me was my body saying "uh.... not so much kid!"
You see, I"m the last person on earth to be an alarmist. Not about me, or anyone else. Someone gets sick or a diagnosis comes back, I'm the one who stands back and looks objectively. I say the right words and provide defense and strength. One of my secret ( well not anymore) fears was that one of those kids of things would happen to me and I wouldn't get that kind of support back.
And I was dead on wrong. I got more than I expected and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
So back to basics again. I am eating a bit more than I have been - which is a good thing because I was eating next to nothing for a few days. I have upped that into 2-3 tiny meals of healthy foods.
I'm going to be OK. And that's what counts.
5 comments:
Yay! You're going to be wonderful, not just OK. :) I'm so pleased the results came quickly and that everything looks normal. Yay again!
You see? Just as I thought. Wonderful news! (Whew, that's a relief!!!) You're going to be fine, bebe! Now you just have to psych your brain into believing it and everything will be back to normal. :-) Loev you!!!
Yeah! It's nice when the "almost always normal on retest" part happens to someone you know! And they got the results back to you so quickly, too. I agree--taking care of yourself can only help the BP, if it's even a problem at all. But I think news like that deserves a little celebration to make up for all the initial stress.
Heya Honey! I'm SOOOO relieved to hear all is well! Although I didn't have a chance to comment earlier, you've been in my thoughts. You are such a dear, sweet, loving person and you deserve great health, love and happiness in return. Please do continue to take good care of yourself!
My BP does the same thing every time I'm at the Dr.'s office - it is how I react to stress too. Yesterday I had a surgical follow-up and it was 150/90 and I started to get the lecture. I ACTUALLY said "Zip it. I'm about to find out what killed my baby - so I'm a "little" on edge." And you know I'm NEVER that direct! :)
Glad you are well and I'm sending lots of *hugs* your way.
Breathing a sigh of relief in your direction! It's easy for the rest of us to sit here and say "there, there...it'll be ok" but not so easy to do when it is you doing the worrying.
Glad to hear you are OK.
Post a Comment