- I am good enough at my job that I am in higher demand than I thought. As of yesterday I have a new position in my company in my primary area of expertise. On the one hand I am not happy about moving managers as I like mine overall. I would rather stay with a good boss than move in my area of expertise to an unknown. It sounds crazy but good leadership is hard to come by. But I am thankful to know that I am that valued that they really made my current boss angry by taking her number 1 and her number 2 away from her.
- I am Thankful for my ability to recognize my faults and work on me. I am using this blog to help be a better "me" now. I can't change Jon, but I can change me. SoI am looking at the things in me that could be stronger and better and working on those. I am going to keep trying to improve the strengths I have as well.
- I am Thankful for the challenges that I have been given. These challenges in all forms make me a stronger person. One of my tasks is to try and be more trusting and I think that tonight is going to be an exercise for that. I am looking for the strength within me that I can handle this gracefully.
- I am Thankful for the fact that I am struggling with this list! It makes me human!!!! This is really hard - I was too generic and broad yesterday so not repeating is really hard.
- I am Thankful that Jon is here with me though we are having still some difficulty.
This was the hardest day - I'm sure that this will get easier as time goes on but wow - I can't tell you how I struggled to not repeat myself and I'm not at all confident that I did that well.... But it's my exercise and my blog dammit so there!
The bottom line - I am really trying to do work on me and myself to be a far more enlightened and spiritual person.
If I do that - it will matter less what others think. I spend a lot of time protecting the things I have worked so hard for and worrying about everyone else and their needs. I joke with Jon pretty regularly that it's all about him and rarely about me. That's true for about 65% of the time. I just don't usually see that 35 % is in fact, about me. Just because, at times, it feels like I love him more than he loves me doesn't mean that he doesn't love me.
So one BIG thing at time. I'm working on trust. THe funny thing is, I figured what "event" made him the way he is. I just don't know what "event" made me the way I am. Isn't that weird?
No comments:
Post a Comment