I think I am heading for burn out.
Eiher that or I am still coming down off two years of work being over in a blip.
Or all of the above.
What I like most about the above statements is, at my age ( too young or too old depending on whose reading), I know myself to see the signs.
I am falling asleep the minute I relax. Regardless of where I am. 30 minutes here, an hour there.
And Yet Once I fall asleep, I am down for the night. But I can't seem to wake up in the morning.
This can possibly be related to my latest eczema outbreak as well or again so combo of the above. I am going through my extensive treatment of the eczema. Moisturizing like a lunatic, bathing less frequently than I like ( water is drying did you know that) - so for me that means one time a day and I space it out to be after I work out but before I go out in public. I moisturize when I wake up, before lunch, before dinner, after bathing and before bed. 3 times out of those I also put on special lotions, oils and sprays to treat the skin. I take an allergy pill breakast, dinner and before bed. I drink 96 ounces of water per day with 24 of them containing electrolytes.
I have added a new holistic twist to all of this. I also now add a teaspoon of Baking Soda to my coffee ( it adds NO taste and I would know! ) in the morning and a quarter cup to my bath at night. This accomplishes a number of things. The ingested version bulks up the immune system, adds a natural relief from any heartburn or acid reflux you may be suffering from and restores a PH balance to the body. The soaking in the bath ( along with Baby oil wiht aloe and vitamin E) offers a restoration of the PH balance of the skin which is thought to be a contributing factor to eczema.
For those of you non sufferers: Eczema is a dry skin skin disease caused by an immuno-deficiency in the body. It is often described as the itch that rashes. Itching will happen on perfectly normal skin. Or normal to the naked eye. It generally means a sub dermal layer is dry causing the itch to go upward to the surface.
Mine is not considered truly severe but on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being normal, 10 being severe, I am about a 6 or 7 today. Once it clears up - I go to about a 2 and stay there awhile.
Stress is a contributing factor on any level. So I need to get that under control.
Hence my Burn-out realization. My skin is suffering and my sleep is suffering. we are a just a few dark turns into the burn out phase so i need to get this under control.
the good news is now that I am aware of it, ad my life is returned to some semblance of a schedule, I can make that work.
Its not comunicable but people who see it and don't understand have a tendancy to be cruel.
I was in a remission from the time I was 7 until I turned 30 with minor outbreaks once a year during a season change. It came back with a vengeance when my whole life was turned topsy turvy back then. Needless to say I am trying to regain teh balance I had prior to that. I had been doing rather well this year. This outbreak appears to me to have been triggered by the mind bending cold and dryness we are suffering from and exacerbated by the stress.
So I need to fix it. and I have started reworking the regimen.
I need to get that beauty sleep I mentioned earlier too.....
2 comments:
I'm rather fascinated by how the body reacts to stress. The changes in sleep schedule and appetite, skin alterations, just a general physical feeling that alerts me that I need to change my coping strategies a bit.
When I was doing really badly, I was seeing a lot of gray hair. I hated it and they kept appearing and I was resigned to coloring them away. I talked to a friend who said that she was going gray for a while, then it abruptly stopped when her life situation improved. And within the last couple months, I haven't noticed any gray at all. While part of it is that I'm not looking for them, I do think dealing with some of my problems allowed the stress to decrease enough that my hair can remain dark. :) Or that's what I tell myself.
I'm glad you're aware of your body's responses and are taking steps to stay hydrated and moisturized. I hope your stress levels decrease here shortly as well.
Staying in tune with the cues your body sends you is really very important. My current slide could likely have been prevented, or at least lessened in severity, had I not ignored the signs I should have been able to see as early as May. And had I not continued to ignore the even stronger signs this fall. I'm glad you're paying attention.
Post a Comment