9 days.
Actually 209.5 hours left
its the countdown to the recital.
I'm excited. We did the program tonight and it's very comprehensive. It covers Oratorio, Art Song, Opera, Light Classical.
I included the Queen of the Night Aria from Mozart's Magic Flute. Brazen maybe. But it's easier now than I thought it would be.
The sets worked out well and I also include a Menotti piece for two reasons: Most importantly he passed away last night and secondly he was the lover of a great uncle of mine. Those guys were SERIOUS composers and their music will live on forever. My great uncle's music doesn't really do it for me ( yes I am that UN american) but his partner's I love. Menotty wrote some gorgeous opera's. I love Amahl and the Night Visitors. The Medium. All wonderful. My great Uncle wrote Adagio for Strings ( Blech). Sure on this Shining Night, some thing about purple monks and green raisons... he might have been on drugs there.
It's really diverse and serously I can't believe that I am singing some of the things on this program. I never thought I could.
But I can and it was a lot of work but not too hard. My biggest challenges are stamina and health.
I'm a little bit nervous but not overly so. Not yet.
I really feel like it's real now. I am rehearsing tomorrow with a clarinetist, my mom called and is going to host a reception at her home after the recital ( for those of you coming - my mom's receptions are generally not to be missed!), I am practicing the duet with my identical voice twin and I have my program worked out now.
It's going to be good. I just know it.
2 comments:
You are saving a seat for me, right? I plan to be there!
Absolutely - AND my mom is having a recetion afterwards at her house - DRINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cake.
I can't WAIT to see you!
Post a Comment